Upcoming closure of St. Mary’s Road for improvement project | News
This is a series of traffic alerts that will be issued throughout the construction of a portion of Downtown Links - the St. Mary’s Road/Sixth Street, I-10 to Church Avenue Improvement project. These alerts will announce construction, detour and street closure information as it affects traffic.
Beginning at 5 a.m. on December 1, through 5 a.m. December 3, St. Mary’s Road will be closed to thru traffic between the westbound I-10 frontage road and Granada Avenue.
The closure allows the contractor to safely install a new 20” water main across St. Mary’s Road, just west of Granada Avenue.
- Eastbound travel through the intersection of St. Mary’s Road and the westbound frontage road will be open to local traffic and area business access only. All other traffic will be directed to use Speedway Boulevard as an alternate route.
- Area residents and businesses wishing to access their property from the east may utilize Davis Street off Granada Avenue. All other traffic will be directed to use Speedway Boulevard as an alternate route.
- No east/west traffic will be permitted to travel through the Granada Avenue/St. Mary’s Road intersection.
- North/south travel on Granada Avenue through the St. Mary’s Road intersection will be available at all times during the waterline installation work.
- Travel along the westbound frontage road will not be impacted by this temporary restriction.