Arizona Game and Fish caution against removing wildlife from the wild | News
Arizona Game and Fish are again cautioning people about removing wildlife from the wild. The baby javelina pictured was recovered from the Speedway Blvd. Greasewood Rd. area early this morning.
The baby is so young its umbilical cord is still attached, meaning the mother was probably nearby. After it was picked up, it was transported to the Tucson Wildlife Center.
AGF advises well meaning people against rescuing seemingly orphaned or injured animals. The correct action the concerned motorist should have taken, was to move the javelina off the road and continue on.
"Wildlife taken from the wild is difficult to successfully return to the wild," according to Arizona Game and Fish.
Top Downtown Tucson Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Marana swim program to get a helping hand from Foothills Optimist Club
- Holiday activity advisory from Coronado National Forest officials
- Church offers series on Christian holiness and human sexuality
- Sullivan’s Steakhouse hosting a ‘glitzy’ Great Gatsby-inspired event
- AZ Game and Fish meetings for public comment on licensing structures