Horse races canceled this weekend, season extended | News
Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse racing at Rillito Park Race Track has been canceled this weekend, March 9 and 10, because of expected inclement weather.
As a result, the racing season, originally scheduled to end March 17, has been extended an additional weekend – to March 23-24.
Next weekend when races resume, the gates will open at 11 a.m. The first post time is 1 p.m. and racing ends at 5:30 p.m. There will be eight or nine races are held on Saturday and Sunday.
Children under 12 get in free to the grandstand and clubhouse. The clubhouse offers a full restaurant and bars. Snack and beverage bars are on both levels of the grandstand. And parking is free (valet parking is available).
The following are admission prices for the track:
- General admission, including the grandstand - $5
- Clubhouse seating - $8
- Window seating in the grandstand - $10
- Tables for four along the windows in the grandstand - $20
- Tables for four along the windows in the clubhouse - $25
Call the track at 520-293-5011 or learn more about it and other family attractions in Southern Arizona online at www.tucsonattractions.com.
Top Downtown Tucson Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Holiday activity advisory from Coronado National Forest officials
- Church offers series on Christian holiness and human sexuality
- Sullivan’s Steakhouse hosting a ‘glitzy’ Great Gatsby-inspired event
- AZ Game and Fish meetings for public comment on licensing structures
- Two new battalion chiefs promoted in the Golder Ranch Fire District