Arizona's largest book festival starts tomorrow | News
TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now)- Another big event at the U
of A kicks off tomorrow. It's the fifth
annual Tucson Festival of Books.
Organizers call it a
literacy circus, thousands of books and a chance to connect to the author
Tents are covering the U
of A Mall and today vendors will be putting the finishing touches before the
big day tomorrow.
The Festival of Books is the
fourth largest in the country and biggest book festival in Arizona. Organizers say there is a little something
for everyone, from kids to adults alike.
About five thousand books
will be given away and over 400 authors will attend the two day event.
The main goal of the
festival is to improve literacy in the community especially among children.
"We are able then to
donate all our proceeds back to organizations to support literacy enhancements
last year, we gave $200,000 back to the community," said March Euler, Festival
The Festival of Books
starts tomorrow from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and continues through Sunday.
The Festival also has an
app, you can check out more information at www.tucsonnewsnow.com.
Copyright 2013 Tucson News Now All rights reserved.
Top Downtown Tucson Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Arizona falls short in new study on drownings and pool safety
- Pima County Health Department restarts TB testing today
- TPD still searching for suspect in east side convenience store stabbing
- 'All clear' given on possible hazmat situation at Cherrybell post office
- Thousands of TUSD high school students to graduate May 23
- Sullivan’s Steakhouse hosting a ‘glitzy’ Great Gatsby-inspired event
- AZ Game and Fish meetings for public comment on licensing structures
- Two new battalion chiefs promoted in the Golder Ranch Fire District
- Amphitheater School sites to offer free breakfast, lunch during summer school
- Amphitheater Public Schools ‘Class of 2013’