Vote & Vax provides flu shots near polling places on November 6 | Health
Need a flu shot and to vote? Why not give the Vote & Vax program a try.
Vote & Vax is a national project of the community health organization SPARC (Sickness Prevention Achieved through Regional Collaboration). Tens of millions of Americans vote in elections each fall. Among these voters and others in the community are thousands who are at risk for the flu.
The founders of Vote & Vax recognized the opportunity to safely and conveniently provide flu vaccinations on Election Day. Initially a collaboration between The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and SPARC , Vote & Vax works with local public health providers to assist them in launching vaccination clinics at or near polling places across the country.
There will be clinics at the following Kmart locations, from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.:
- Sierra Vista - Kmart Store #3695 – 2011 E. Fry Blvd, 85635
- Nogales – Kmart Store #3923 – 300 W. Mariposa Road, 85621
- Tucson – Kmart Store #4996 – 7055 E. Broadway, 85710
For more information please go online to - http://www.voteandvax.org/Home.aspx
Top Downtown Tucson Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Arizona falls short in new study on drownings and pool safety
- Pima County Health Department restarts TB testing today
- TPD still searching for suspect in east side convenience store stabbing
- 'All clear' given on possible hazmat situation at Cherrybell post office
- Thousands of TUSD high school students to graduate May 23
- Sullivan’s Steakhouse hosting a ‘glitzy’ Great Gatsby-inspired event
- AZ Game and Fish meetings for public comment on licensing structures
- Two new battalion chiefs promoted in the Golder Ranch Fire District
- Amphitheater School sites to offer free breakfast, lunch during summer school
- Amphitheater Public Schools ‘Class of 2013’