Church takes Ash Wednesday to the streets | Events
On Ash Wednesday, February 13, St. Philip’s In the Hills Episcopal Parish will be offering “Ashes to Go,” a new approach to a centuries-old Christian tradition, at various locations around Tucson.
St. Philip’s is part of a new nationwide movement that has clergy and lay people visiting transit stops, street corners, coffee shops, and college campuses to mark the foreheads of interested passers-by with ashes and invite them to repent of past wrongdoing and seek forgiveness and renewal.
1. Starbucks on River at N. Campbell 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
2. Riverwalk near Trader Joe's on N. Campbell from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
3. Reid Park in the morning
4. YMCA NorthWest at Shannon from 9 a.m. to noon.
5. Bus Stop/Transit Center at Stone & Wetmore from noon until 4 p.m.
6. Raging Sage coffee shop on N. Campbell from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Contact The Rev. Vicki K. Hesse at email@example.com or (520)299-6421 for more information about Ashes To Go in Tucson.