NRG Blends Thanksgiving Turkey Trot 5K Food Drive | Events
Looking for a way to donate to the local food bank and exercise at the same time? Why not head on down to the NRG Blends for their 5k Turkey Trot Fun Run.
WHEN: Today from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
WHERE: NRG Blends store 1122 East 6th Street, Tucson 85719
Between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. NRG will be collecting food donations to benefit the Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona. They will be teaming up with Emeritus at Tucson Senior Living Stuff the Bus Food Drive. For every six non-perishable food items donated you will receive a free smoothie. In addition to food items, dollars will be collected as well; for every $1 donated, $9 worth of food will be donated. A donation of $5 or more will also receive a free smoothie.
Not sure what to donate, here is a brief list of what the Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona needs: pasta, bottled water, frozen turkey, boxed cereal, canned foods like soups, tuna, meats, tomatoes, veggies, fruit just to name a few.
Don’t forget about the 5K fun run which will take place at 5 p.m., participants will receive both pre and post work out smoothie samples from NRG Blends.
For more information visit their Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/NrgBlends
Top Downtown Tucson Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Marana swim program to get a helping hand from Foothills Optimist Club
- Holiday activity advisory from Coronado National Forest officials
- Church offers series on Christian holiness and human sexuality
- Sullivan’s Steakhouse hosting a ‘glitzy’ Great Gatsby-inspired event
- AZ Game and Fish meetings for public comment on licensing structures