'Take a Hike' for BagIt! | Events
Calling all those hikers and walkers out there, here is the perfect opportunity to see some beautiful scenery and help a worthy cause at the same time.
Join BAG IT! at their fundraising hike/walk at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort. Bring your family and friends and enjoy not only the gorgeous scenery, but a fabulous brunch and auction/raffle afterward. All proceeds raised at this event go directly to the BAG IT! organization and their mission to provide cancer support.
WHEN: November 18 from 7 a.m. to noon
WHERE: Loews Ventana Canyon Resort
COST: Hike & Brunch - $80
For more information about the hike and the BAG IT! organization please visit their website at: www.bagit4u.org
Here is a little more background on the BAG IT! organization – they are a non-profit organization who reaches out to cancer patients at a critical time, generally right after diagnosis. The information they provide helps them cope with their diagnosis and subsequent treatment. BAG IT! bags are handed out all across Arizona by surgeons, oncologists and nurses, to patients on their first visit. Inside the bag is an organizational binder and several publications that offer skills essential for coping with their diagnosis and treatment. Information for caregivers is also provided, and the BAG IT! literature is offered in Spanish as well. So far over 40,000 individuals have been helped since 2003.
Top Downtown Tucson Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Pima County Health Department restarts TB testing today
- TPD still searching for suspect in east side convenience store stabbing
- 'All clear' given on possible hazmat situation at Cherrybell post office
- Thousands of TUSD high school students to graduate May 23
- Public comment period for ADOT’s five-year program wrapping up
- Sullivan’s Steakhouse hosting a ‘glitzy’ Great Gatsby-inspired event
- AZ Game and Fish meetings for public comment on licensing structures
- Two new battalion chiefs promoted in the Golder Ranch Fire District
- Amphitheater School sites to offer free breakfast, lunch during summer school
- Amphitheater Public Schools ‘Class of 2013’