Register now for the next session of Pima County leisure classes | Events
Interested in learning a new skill or hobby? Don’t’ forget to register for the next session of special interest classes/workshops, offered by Pima County Natural Resources, Parks and Recreation Department.
You can learn everything from how to make jewelry, to playing tennis to using a gun safely.
The deadline for Session 4 registration is June 24; with Session four classes starting on June 30, and ending on August 25.
Classes are offered for children as young as four years old include pottery, tennis and martial arts. Classes for adults ages 16 and older include art, jewelry, pottery, tennis, fitness, self-defense, preparing for death, and firearms instruction and safety.
Class descriptions, schedules, fees and registration forms can be found online at http://www.pima.gov/nrpr/classes/index.htm or in the Pima County Special Interest Classes booklets available at Pima County Public Library branches.
Registrations are only accepted by mail. No faxed, phoned-in or walk-in registrations are accepted. Classes are filled on a first-received, first-registered basis.
Classes are held at six locations:
- A-Long’s Kung Fu Academy – (150 S. Camino Seco #12);
- Virgil Ellis Rifle and Pistol Range - (Ajo Regional Park, Ajo);
- Flowing Wells Community Center – (1660 W. Ruthrauff Road);
- Northwest Art Center – (7770 N. Shannon Road);
- Omni Tucson National – (2727 W. Club Drive);
- SE Regional Park Shooting Range – (11296 S. Harrison Road).
For class information, email LeisureClasses@pima.gov or call (520) 877-6090.