FC Tucson, Tucson Soccer Academy to host doubleheaders this season | Events
FC Tucson recently announced a partnership with Tucson Soccer Academy and its Women’s Premier Soccer League team to include four doubleheaders featuring FC Tucson and TSAFC. The doubleheaders, will take place on June 8, 15, 28 and July 6, will start at 5:15 p.m. , and be played at the Kino Sports Complex North Grandstand.
“We’re truly excited to be working with one of our many community partners in Tucson Soccer Academy,” said FC Tucson general manager Jon Pearlman, in a recent news release. “FC Tucson is a huge supporter of the women’s game and we think TSAFC will give the top female players in and around Tucson a chance to develop their game for success at the collegiate and professional level. And the atmosphere at these doubleheaders should be electric when the soccer community comes together to support two local teams.”
Tucson Soccer Academy joined the Women’s Premier Soccer League in March, becoming the league's only Southern Arizona franchise. Head coach Amy Garelick, who is currently the coach of the TSA '95 Girls Red, will head a staff that includes assistant coaches Todd Garelick, Charlie Kendrick, David Cosgrove, Charlie MacCabe, and FC Tucson staff members Jeff Rogers and Kate Norton.
“For young girls to go out and watch a high level game in Tucson is so important for them,” said TSAFC head coach Amy Garelick, in the same release. “They get to see great role models playing the game they love and that after their club experience there is something to aspire to besides going on and playing in college there’s something else out there”
Fans can watch all TSAFC and FC Tucson by purchasing 2013 season ticket packages at www.fctucson.com. Ticket packages, which include tickets to all ten of FC Tucson’s home matches and the four doubleheaders, are only $100 (Reg. $120) for adults and $80 for youth ages 3-12. Children under three do not need a ticket.
The following is the schedule of games: (unless otherwise noted all games take place at the North Grandstand of the Kino Sports Complex)
- 5/18 – SoCal Seahorses, 7:30 p.m.
- 6/6 – OC Blues Strikers FC, 7:30 p.m.
- 6/8 – TSAFC Women v. St. George United, 5:15 p.m.; Fresno Fuego, 7:30 p.m.
- 6/15 – TSAFC Women v. Real Salt Lake, 5:15 p.m.; Real Phoenix, 7:30 p.m.
- 6/28 – TSAFC Women v. Utah Starzz, 5:15 p.m.; Ventura County Fusion, 7:30 p.m.
- 6/30 – Ventura County Fusion, 7:30 p.m.
- 7/6 – TSAFC Women v. SC Del Sol, 5:15 p.m.; CTCL Men’s Winner, 7:30 p.m.
- 7/13 – Los Angeles Misioneros, 7:30 p.m.
- 7/16 – Yucaipa All Stars, 7:30 p.m.
- 7/20 – BYU Cougars, 7:30 p.m.