Teddy Bear Toss at UA Wildcat Hockey game Saturday | Community Spirit
Looking for a sports related way to bring holiday cheer to some deserving kids? Why not stop by the UA Wildcat Hockey game this Saturday and participate in the ‘Teddy Bear Toss’.
Sponsored by NOVA Home Loans, the Teddy Bear Toss is a hockey tradition, that helps bring Christmas toys and cheer to local charities.
Fans that attend the game on Saturday, against Northern Arizona University are encouraged to bring a new unwrapped teddy bear or other stuffed animal, and after the first Wildcat Hockey goal, fans will throw their stuffed animals onto the ice. After which the toys will be collected and distributed to various Tucson charities.
“This is a tradition that we are looking to establish here and I want to thank NOVA Home Loans for making this possible,” said head coach Sean Hogan, in a recent news release. “This is something that is part of the hockey culture and something that we want to bring to Wildcat Hockey.”
WHEN: December 8, the game starts at 7:30 p.m.
WHERE: Tucson Arena
NOVA Home Loans is an active supporter of numerous organizations across Arizona, especially those that cater to the needs of children.
“We support Wildcat Hockey throughout the season, and are more than happy to sponsor their first Teddy Bear Toss,’ commented Ray Desmond, NOVA’s President and Founder, in a recent news release. “I can only hope that this event is a great success and that these toys make a difference in someone’s holiday this year.”
NOVA will also be encouraging its employees to attend the game with stuffed animals for the toss. Both NOVA Home Loans and Wildcat Hockey hope that members of the Tucson community will show up with toys and take this opportunity to witness a special event and hockey holiday tradition.
Top Downtown Tucson Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Thousands of TUSD high school students prepare to graduate
- Arizona falls short in new study on drownings and pool safety
- Pima County Health Department restarts TB testing today
- TPD still searching for suspect in east side convenience store stabbing
- 'All clear' given on possible hazmat situation at Cherrybell post office
- Sullivan’s Steakhouse hosting a ‘glitzy’ Great Gatsby-inspired event
- AZ Game and Fish meetings for public comment on licensing structures
- Two new battalion chiefs promoted in the Golder Ranch Fire District
- Amphitheater School sites to offer free breakfast, lunch during summer school
- Amphitheater Public Schools ‘Class of 2013’