UA celebrates 'World Laughter Day' today | Community Spirit
The University of Arizona is celebrating World Laughter Day with an event sponsored by Global Research Foundation, Theresa Fund and UA Asian Pacific Student Affairs. What is World Laughter day you ask?
Well it is a 'positive manifestation for world peace and is intended to build up a global consciousness of brotherhood and friendship through laughter,' according to the World Laughter Day website http://www.worldlaughterday.org/. This event is generally celebrated on the first Sunday of May every year, but the U of A is celebrating it on a Tuesday.
According to the website Laughter Day is the world's chance to 'unite entire mankind through unconditional love and laughter.' The beauty of this movement is that everyone can celebrate it - it is non-religious, non-racial and non-profit, the idea is just to promote goodwill and health through laughter! Don't doctors say its the best medicine?
WHEN: Today from noon to 1 p.m.
WHERE: North of the UA Student Union and south of the Second Street Garage.
For further information please contact Emily Vance at firstname.lastname@example.org or (619) 822-7503.
Top Downtown Tucson Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Holiday activity advisory from Coronado National Forest officials
- Church offers series on Christian holiness and human sexuality
- Sullivan’s Steakhouse hosting a ‘glitzy’ Great Gatsby-inspired event
- AZ Game and Fish meetings for public comment on licensing structures
- Two new battalion chiefs promoted in the Golder Ranch Fire District