Nominate a small business for a Copper Cactus Award | Business
The Tucson Metro Chamber is accepting nominations for the Copper Cactus Awards, sponsored by Wells Fargo.
The Copper Cactus Awards celebrate the ‘accomplishments and innovation’ of small businesses throughout Southern Arizona, in categories like work environment, growth, community stewardship, innovation and leadership.
“Our region’s small businesses are one of the most vital sectors of our community. We are celebrating the backbone of American business – the small business operations that employ the most people and create the greatest part of the GNP,” said Michael Varney, Tucson Metro Chamber president and CEO, in a recent news release.
The Tucson Metro Chamber Copper Cactus Awards for 2013 are at the Westin La Paloma on September 27. In addition to Wells Fargo, the Tucson Metro Chamber Copper Cactus Awards are supported by co-sponsors Casino Del Sol Resort & Conference Center and Intuit.
Deadline for nominations is July 3.
Award categories for nominations are:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona Best Place to Work honors businesses that encourage and support professional growth, education and development for employees.
- Cox Business Growth honors small businesses that successfully tackle marketplace challenges.
- El Rio Community Health Center Community Service honors businesses that demonstrate uncommon civic leadership.
- Nextrio Innovation through Technology honors businesses that are technology-led and/or look to IT to solve problems and increase efficiency.
- SCF Arizona Small Business Leader of the Year honors exceptional leadership by a manager or owner who is active in the day-to-day activities of his or her company.
- For-profit business
- More than two years in operation
- Locally owned and operated
- 250 or fewer employees
For further information or to nominate a locally owned small business go online to www.tucsonchamber.org/coppercactusawards